We are pleased to announce that one of our Forensic Psychologists, Dr. Carol Ireland, has released her new book, “The Routledge International Handbook of Forensic Psychology in Secure Settings”.
The book, by Dr. Ireland and colleagues, includes international contributions from authors in the UK, US, Australia and Canada, and covers key psychological issues facing secure prisons and forensic hospitals. Topics covered include:
- Forensic populations and wider issues relevant to offending populations;
- Treatment options for a variety of offending populations, such as sex offenders, fire setters, domestic violence programmes and those with personality disorders,
- Staff and workplace issues, including supervision and psychological effects of working in secure environments;
- Contemporary issues facing forensic populations, such as terrorism, crisis negotiation and gang membership.
- The book combines theory and practical applications throughout, which makes it an essential read for any student, researcher or practitioner in forensic psychology or criminology, as well as those involved in social care and policy.
To order a copy and for more information, visit the publisher Routledge’s website. A 20% discount is available using FLR40 at the checkout.